Chlorine dioxide tablets kill bacteria, viruses, and cysts.
When you purify your water using chlorine dioxide tablets, you kill a wide range of bacteria, viruses and cysts.
It also works against a wide variety of yeasts, fungi, protozoa, spores, molds, mildews, and other microbes that can really hurt you.
We favor chlorine dioxide tablets because they are superior to other methods used to filter and purify water.
They are also easy to carry and have a long self-life.
Other purification and filtering options are:
- Chemical purifiers: They tend to take a longer to work in very cold water. While, chlorine dioxide takes only 4 hours to kill the toughest micro-organisms.
- Boiling water: This requires that you carry extra fuel with you that you also need for cooking.
- Iodine tablets: They don’t kill cryptosporidium, which are the deadliest type of protozoa.
- Filters that use activated carbon: They don’t remove viruses in contaminated water.
- Pump based filters and purifiers: These items are heavy to carry, where as chlorine dioxide tablets are light-weight.